Wednesday, December 2, 2009

38 Week Appt

So I went back today for my 38 week appointment. Although I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions and painful ones too, I knew that there would be no cervical change. This made me nervous since they had been talking about an induction at 39 weeks. Well, I was right, baby's head is not engaged and no cervical change. BUT..the dr feels there is no need for an induction. I was actually quite relieved. I am much more comfortable with letting my body do what it knows how to do. He said everything looks good. So I left feeling very much relieved that at this point there is no need for an induction. I go back next week for a growth scan on Wed and then my 39 week appt on Friday. And my little man was once again dodging the doppler as the nurse was trying to get his heartrate. But once she did get it, it was great. The past two weeks his heartrate has been the best its ever been. And on another note..I think we have finally reached a consensus on a name.....it is Harrison James. Of course as with all things..I leave it open and subject for change..but for now it is what we are going for. Keep the prayers coming for my baby boy because he really likes being inside his mommy's tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment